Longer version of the US Election interview

Well, aw shucks, doncha know, they are still making more versions of this interview..

This entry was posted in blog. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Longer version of the US Election interview

1. cdnguy68 says:

As always, a brilliant assessment by John Cleese. The only minor correction is that George H.W. Bush was the head of the CIA, not the Secret Service (which is under the Secretary of the Treasury).

2. Lozzykinz says:

I don’t mean to be rude (but i’m going to be anyway)what’s with the interviewer’s jazzy shirt and long sideburns…is he from the 1960’s?

3. smartnsweet1 says:

I think more ’70’s, really. Looks like he’s coming to pick up his date for a Jimmy Buffet concert. Where is Camilla, anyway? Oops, sorry, the rudeness is contagious. Just a moment…honey, where are my meds?…Thank you for waiting. You are most kind. Mr. Cleese has a charming wit and an informed and analytical grasp of the political landscape. Except that Daddy Bush was the head of the CIA, not the Secret Service. But that’s rude. Honey, should I double the dose?…Have a nice day!

4. I just wanted to Say John, we are like two peas in a pod…..and at the risk of sounding like a parrot, even a perch riven nailed on parrot, I am in complete agreement with your opinion here…..flabbergasted was and is the way i will always view this catastrophic event in world history that has been the travesty of the last 8 years in American Politics, and consequently World Politics…but where there is life there is hope……so here’s hoping a little BO does the job and moves the train back on the right track.

5. Lozzykinz says:

Hey there TFB…it’s good to see that you havn’t died.

6. yeozeur frog says:

Dear gentlemens. Please stop laughing at the shit…. I mean the shirt of my friend Vinvin (the interviewer ). I am convinced that he will revolutionize the fashion in Silicon Valley and allow the world to overcome the crisis by reviving the industry of silly shirts.

Dear Mister Cheese, why do you compare Sarah Palin to a parrot ?. I think you’re too rude with parrots (I don’t know if it’s true but I heard that in the past you had a dispute with a Palin about a dead parrot that you would have tortured…)
    Yet you should be the first to know that parrots do not share the beliefs of Sarah Palin, they would even be a living proof of 55 million years that’s she is wrong :

by reading this article I think that you should let the dead parrots outside politics. Let them rest in peace in cat litter (“it would be logicall” as was saying a black cat friend of mine who really appreciate parrots ).

7. Julian says:

I love it. I never could but my finger on it, but the parrot analogy hits it very good.

8. Lozzykinz says:

Gentlemen? Now i’m insulted…

9. yeozeur frog says:

lozzykinz . I’m sorry , I’m french (may be that it is already a good excuse) . So I have to control my arrogance and mysoginy there for I try to be polite especially when I speak english because my english is rather bad. I use google translation but I think Google translation use me and it doesn’t say me you were a women (In godgle I don’t trust anymore ). I would call you “pal” but “pal” is a known as a brand of dog food in france . Please accept my apologies dear mademoiselle lozzykinz.
    More over I saw your blog about silly march and I think that you should look about seesmic.com (a sort of video twitter/conversation that can be usefull for that kind of project ). You could even give some good advices to Vinvin who is too far ahead of its time about shirts.

(I hope noboby was insulted shocked or injured and no nuclear war was launched consequently of this comment )

10. Lozzykinz says:

thanks for the advice froggy.

we will certainly look into new ideas for the sillymarch.

11. princess_magpie says:

I absolutely adore this interview. I especially love the comment about how Michael is no longer the funniest Palin.

12. Hi Jack, thanks so much for doing this, you just bought the vote of a milion nerds with yout wit and candor! London is freezing everyone but i’m in love and YES! I VOTED FOR OBAMA! Proving that John Cleese’s bloggers are not only intelligent but extremely sexy.

Fax: Everyone I meet here in Bethnal Green hates Micheal Winner! Why?

13. Mike Kole says:

Am I the only Python fan who recalls John Cleese as Dennis Moore (‘This redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought”) and the Ministry of Silly Walks as lampoons on government, and is surprised that he backs Obama?

Now, I’m not a McCain supporter. I’m a supporter of limited government and a non-interventionist foreign policy, so I can’t back Obama or McCain. And that’s just it. Obama might not fight the 100 year war McCain has in mind, but he would go to Pakistan, and he would intervene in a handful of African nations.

Repudiate Bush? Sure. But Obama? I’m very disappointed.

14. jodieM says:

Last ditch effort to sway Joe…

15. mrsthing says:

She complained that she hadn’t had a chance to prepare for her interview with Katie Couric. Hell, she’s a US governor! Shouldn’t she just know this stuff? Supreme Court decisions; the Bush doctrine–should have been a piece of cake.

Reports say she returned to Alaska to shouts of “2012! 2012!” Will four years be long enough to prepare?

I’m so relieved that Obama won. I hope he does well enough in his first term that Palin’s supporters will have to be shouting, “2016!” four years from now.